Friday 2 July 2010

Overcoming the blisters

For as long as I can remember I have suffered with blisters during the breaking in process of new footwear.

Why? My feet are just wrong - mishaped, flat, big and badly constructed, I blame them for my lack of athletic ability when I was young and now they want to stand between me and climbing Mont Blanc.

During my first outing to break in my new La Sportiva Trango S EVO GTX boots they managed to break me in! That was 3 weeks ago and since then I have invested in some new smartwool socks, footbeds surgical spirit (good for hardening the skin so I am told) compeed, blister skin and the secret weapon (I hope) Anhydrol Forte a foot roll on that blocks the sweat glands in the feet (or hands or armpits) and will prevent sweating. I wouldn't recommend using it excessively but it may just help over the next few weeks

No comments:

Post a Comment